This product has been discontinued.
The HexDns ActiveX
component lets you to retrieve any Domain Name System (DNS)
- Check domain name availability
- Write NsLookup or Dig utilities
- Diagnose zone file problems
- Create graphical traceroutes using LOC (location) records
Like all HexGadget components, HexDns is designed for reliable,
server-grade operation and easy, flexible programming.
- Retrieval of any DNS record
- Automatic interpretation of 10 common
record types: A, NS, CNAME, SOA, PTR, HINFO, MX, TXT,
- Automatic detection of configured DNS
servers and manual override
- Complete access to query and reply data,
including option flags and response codes
- Compatible with any ActiveX client,
including ASP, Visual Basic, Visual C++, Delphi, and others
- Dual interfaces for easy late
binding or efficient early binding
- Reliable, efficient operation.
Developed in Visual C++ using ATL.
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, or later
- TCP/IP networking installed
- A directly-addressable DNS server
(HexDns cannot send queries through a proxy, and any firewall or
filter must allow outgoing UDP traffic to port 53)
Try it for free
HexGadget components for a free trial or
try one of the online demos such as the NsLookup